~Please post your comments for improvements, corrections, questions, opinions...
your comments are valuable for me... Thanks~

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

LongFu Temple Street 隆福寺街

Me and my mum left the Beihai Park about 6.50pm. The sky is getting dark and I was wondering how to get back to where I from this afternoon. The trip was actually gone out of my itinerary plan and I have no idea which bus is going to bring me back to my hotel.

There is a bus station right in front of the Beihai Park, so I just crossed the road using a under pass way, and find a bus which passes by the WangFuJing Street (王府井大街). In city center of Beijing, a lot of buses are electric powered (not sure if they are still using petrol on it). It is just like a tram in a bus body, driving on normal road and holding wire on top.

Longfu Temple Street's light board

My destination then was going to the Longfu Temple Street (隆福寺街) for night market and the food. I stopped at the MeiShuGuan bus stop (美术馆站) and walk opposite to the Longfu Temple Street. It took us about 30min from Beihai Park to the LongFu Temple Street.

From my research, not a really good and clear research, there should be a night market and street food at Longfu TS, but what I saw was totally different from my expectation. There are not really many shops for night shopping and in fact most of the shops are closed when I reached. However, quite a number of food stalls are still operating.


SanXi Sliced Noodle Stall

We had our dinner in one of the noodle stall in a street which I cannot recall. I only have a photo of the shop. They serve very good Sliced Noodle (刀削面), the dumpling (水绞) and many other snack foods.


Sliced Noodle RMD8.00

The food portion in Beijing is big. So we shared a bowl of Sliced Noodle, a Egg Tofu soup and 20 dumplings. 

Mix Vegi-Meat Dumpling, 20 pieces RMD10.00

Egg Tofu Soup, RMD4.00

After dinner, we spend sometime in the book shop; then we bought some fruit; then we went back to the hotel.

Until here, I have finished the first day of my trip in Beijing. There are more coming up, thank you for catching up.



Reference Map:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment